Warnes Commercials has an industry leading HGV MOT testing facility and tachograph
centre to ensure your vehicles are compliant and safe. We are open 5 days a week to
ensure that we have the capacity to test your fleet of vehicle when required.
Vehicles that must take the ‘annual test':
- goods vehicles with a gross weight of more than 3,500 kilograms (kg)
- vehicles that are built or have been adapted to form part of an articulated vehicle
- horseboxes with a gross weight of more than 3,500kg
- ‘A’ frame trailers and converter dollies manufactured on or after 1 January 1979
- trailers with an unladen weight of more than 1,020kg with powered braking systems (instead of standard overrun brakes and as well as the required parking brake)
- all public service vehicles with more than 8 passenger seats – not including the driver’s seat
Lorries and trucks must be tested each year. The first test should be 12 months after the vehicle was first registered with DVLA. Trailers must be tested one year after they were first sold or supplied.